LIST OF 18 STATES WHERE SUPPLEMENTARY ELECTIONS WILL HOLD IN NIGERIA ON MARCH 23
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Thursday, March 21, announced that supplementary governorship and others elections would hold in 18 states on Saturday, March 23.
This was contained in a document released by INEC showing supplementary governorship polls will hold in five states including Bauchi where the exercise would be held in 14 local government areas.
In Benue, the exercise will hold in 22 LGAs; in Plateau, 9 LGAs; in Kano, 29 LGAs and in Sokoto, 22 LGAs.
“In Adamawa state, elections will hold in Nassarawo-Binyeri state Constituency of Mayo Belwa LGA, which was countermanded as required by the electoral act following the death of a candidate on the eve of the governorship and state assembly elections held on 9th March 2019.
“Supplementary election will also hold in Uba/Gaya state constituency in Hong LGA. In Bauchi state, supplementary elections will hold in Kirfi state constituency of Kirfi LGA,” the document revealed.
1. Bauchi (one LGA, 1,111 voters)
2. Bayelsa (three LGAs, 58,270 voters)
3. Benue (nine LGAs, 91,141 voters)
4. Ebonyi (three LGAs, 45,905 voters)
5. Edo (one LGA, 6,764 voters)
6. Ekiti (one LGA, 2,244 voters)
7. Kaduna (one LGA, 7,514 voters)
8. Adamawa (two LGAs, 49,588 voters)
9. Kano (one LGA, 40,821 voters)
10. Kogi (three LGAs, 24,637 voters)
11. Imo (five LGAs, 118,372 voters)
12. Lagos (one LGA, 12,711 voters)
13. Nasarawa (four LGAs, 43,874 voters)
14. Osun (one LGA, 2,485 voters)
15. Plateau (one LGA, 5,501 voters)
16. Sokoto (two LGAs, 24,492 voters)
17. Taraba (two LGAs, 19,912)
18. FCT (four LGAs, 29,796 voters)