COMMUNIQUE ARISING FROM CONCERNED ANAMBRA MEDIA PRACTITIONERS SUMMIT HELD TODAY 14TH OF MARCH, 2018 AT MARBLE ARCH HOTEL, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE.
As part of Programmes to usher in Governor Wille Obiano’s second term as the Executive Governor of Anambra State. The Independent Media Support Organization (IMSO), has staged the Concerned Anambra Media Practitioners Summit (CAMP 2018) today 14, March, 2018 at Marble Arch Hotel, Awka with the theme: Role of Media in Sustaining Productive Governance.
The summit which had major stakeholders in the state x-rayed how the members of the media can help sustain good and transparent governance in Anambra State. After deliberations emanating from Panel Discussions, the members of the media aimed at the following resolutions :
• That Governor Willie Obiano performed tremendously well in his first term in office and must be supported by the general public, good men and women of Anambra and most notably the media to achieve his goals and better Anambra in his second term.
• The media practitioners also stressed that the Governor should be given enormous support by the media to enlighten and carry the citizens of the state along, as they need to fulfill their civic obligations (Eg. Prompt payment of Taxes) as a way of making resources available to the government to speed up the process of enhancing governance in the state.
• The media aides in the new dispensation, should improve their relationships with the Journalists who are non state actors by being accessible at all times for possible and first hand confirmation of information when the need arises so as to spread the state with verified and reliable information.
• The Governor should also reciprocate the kind gesture and support shown to him by the people of the state which made him the most decorated Governor of the state with the 21/21 victory. The media practitioners claimed that the victory was influenced for his personae.
• The Governor should be supported to achieve more greater and better prominence as a way of projecting him to render his God given talent of leadership and services to the Nation after his tenure as Anambra State Governor.
• One key speaker for the media practitioners commended IMSO and urged the organization to continue playing its role in setting agenda to stimulate good governance in Anambra State.
After the staunch interactive session which saw commendations and support pouring in for Gov.Willie Obiano from Media practitioners across the state, the Chairman of Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Anambra State ably represented by Mrs. Betty Onuchukwu thanked IMSO for such opportunity and show of concern in Willie Obiano’s administration as she continued to praise Media Practitioners present and urged them to always be professional in their job that the Governor will be indeed satiated to hear all they said.
Members of the Media present at the summit are:
Chike Kelvin(on-line media)
Mecsely Uzoma Ibekwe Ferdinand(on-line media)
Kate Uju(on-line media)
Uju Edochie(on-line media, Artiste)
Tony Ezindu ((on-line media)
Ezenke Somtoo(on-line media)
Alloysius Attah (Sun Newspaper)
Odogwu Emeka Odogwu (Authority Newspaper)
Aforlabi Samuel (Galaxy TV)
Ajayi Bamidele (Core TV)
Obilen Ngozi (ABS TV & Radio)
Jideofor Ifeanyi (ABS TV & Radio)
Ukadike Shedrack (Galaxy TV)
Prince Emeka Chukwu (Channels TV)
Onwumelu Abụchi (Fides Newspaper)
Betty Onuchukwu (NUJ)
IFy Okoye (Journalist,IMSO)
Ada AnaGold (Journalist, IMSO)
Jerry Nwachukwu(Filmmaker, IMSO)
Ngozi Emedolibe(Journalist, IMSO)
Comr. Israel Chuks Uloka(IMSO,blogger)
Comr. Harris Chuma (Convener, IMSO Boss)
And host of other guests.